- RSS Channel Showcase 1472008
- RSS Channel Showcase 3356339
- RSS Channel Showcase 3271545
- RSS Channel Showcase 4528009
Articles on this Page
- 06/24/17--20:36: _automatic-caution-d...
- 06/24/17--20:37: _billyywilder: We’r...
- 06/24/17--20:38: _nerdonthemoon: som...
- 06/24/17--20:45: _ayellowbirds: thefi...
- 06/24/17--20:46: _Photo
- 06/24/17--20:47: _bekkathyst: BEKKAT...
- 06/24/17--20:48: _sam-the-cat-lady: W...
- 06/24/17--20:49: _1000drawings: Mid...
- 06/24/17--20:49: _Photo
- 06/24/17--20:49: _"and on a soft bed ...
- 06/24/17--20:50: _thechesterfield: d...
- 06/24/17--20:51: _Photo
- 06/24/17--20:51: _flashenondeux: Hen...
- 06/24/17--20:52: _firsttimeuser: Jan...
- 06/24/17--20:52: _animations-daily: S...
- 06/24/17--20:52: _Photo
- 06/24/17--20:52: _1000drawings: by ...
- 06/24/17--20:53: _Photo
- 06/24/17--20:53: _birdsong217: Alvin ...
- 06/24/17--20:54: _regardintemporel: A...
- 06/24/17--20:36: automatic-caution-door:
- 06/24/17--20:37: billyywilder: We’re alike, me and cat. A couple of poor...
- 06/24/17--20:46: Photo
- 06/24/17--20:47: bekkathyst: BEKKATHYST SUMMER 2017 GIVEAWAY~This giveaway is in...
- (Handmade by me) Clear quartz and copper necklace
- (Handmade by me) “Full moon” rainbow moonstone hairpins
- $25 credit that can be applied to anything in my shop.
- amethyst cluster with calcite
- selenite wand
- tourmalinated quartz wand
- black & blue kyanite crystals
- polished petrified wood slice
- four polychrome jasper hearts
- an amethyst stalactite slice
- baby amethyst sphere
- rose quartz sphere
- large rose quartz chunk
- labradorite sphere
- fluorite obelisk
- labradorite point
- golden calcite point
- ocean jasper marble
- Dominican amber cabochon
- rutilated quartz point
- amethyst pyramid
- spirit quartz crystal
- a black sparkly candle (because why not?!)
- a sustainably harvested California white sage piece, picked by me (sadly if you are outside the US I cannot send this to you)
- This has a retail value of $260 in addition to the $25 shop credit!
- You must be 16 or older. (If under 18 you MUST have parent’s permission)
- You don’t have to live in the US
- You must be following me, so you can get updates if anything about the giveaway changes.
- Please check out my shopand if you’re interested, you can sign up for my email newsletter here. (Totally not necessary or required, it’s just an option!)
- DO NOT tag this post as giveaway. That will risk the notes getting messed up, and this will be ruined for everyone. Please don’t argue about this- for some reason people have said really nasty and mean things to me over this.
- Reblog this post to enter. Likes count, too. No giveaway or spam blogs. If you reblog on a side blog, let me know in the tags what the name of your blog is that you’re following me with.
- Please don’t spam people with reblogs- you can reblog however many times you’d like, but please be courteous.
- Each entry will be assigned a number and the winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
- The giveaway ends Wednesday, July 26th at 6 pm Pacific time.
- The winner will be messaged and must respond with their full name and address within 24 hours, or a new winner will be chosen.
- Please respect me and my rules, and have fun!
- 06/24/17--20:49: 1000drawings: Midnight Talk by Gunseli S.
- 06/24/17--20:49: Photo
- 06/24/17--20:49: "and on a soft bed delicate you would let loose your longing"
- 06/24/17--20:50: thechesterfield: dailyotter: Sea Otter Selfie! Via the Aquarium...
- 06/24/17--20:51: Photo
- 06/24/17--20:51: flashenondeux: Henry Mancini (1961) Breakfast At Tiffany’s /...
- 06/24/17--20:52: firsttimeuser: Janos Eifert. Nude series study.
- 06/24/17--20:52: animations-daily: Scooby Doo (2002)
- 06/24/17--20:52: Photo
- 06/24/17--20:52: 1000drawings: by Marc Johns
- 06/24/17--20:53: Photo
- 06/24/17--20:53: birdsong217: Alvin Langdon Coburn Moonlight, c.1907.
- 06/24/17--20:54: regardintemporel: Andrzej Mroczek - Nuit sur la Place du...
We’re alike, me and cat. A couple of poor nameless slobs.
Breakfast at Tiffany’s dir. Blake Edwards
someone: haha why are you so obsessed with *insert show/book series/film/etc)
me, internally: because throwing myself into something allows me to briefly forget the constant depression misery and sadness i suffer through every day and when i marathon things my self hatred sometimes starts to disappear because i forget that i’m a real person who exists in the real world. my obsessions help me to cope when i feel like i’m about to explode or cry or scream or all of those at once and once i get into something i barely think of anything else for weeks which is a very unhealthy coping tactic but hey it helps so
me: haha idk :))
I still think it’s hilarious that the reason nobody ever figures out Superman’s secret identity or where he lives or what he does when he’s not saving the planet, is because he already told them all the Kryptonian stuff that can’t be tied to any of his human friends or family. I guarantee you the in-universe wikipedia article on Superman lists his name as Kal-El and the “personal life” section says that he lives full-time at his private fortress of solitude at the north pole. Nobody in the world looks at Clark Kent and thinks “oh my god, maybe he’s superman!” for the same reason nobody ever starts to suspect that their coworker who looks KINDA like Barack Obama is actually secretly Barack Obama – They know who Barack Obama is and know what he does and they know their coworker Greg is Greg and not Barack Obama. They have no reason to assume Barack Obama secretly moonlights as Greg The IT Guy at their workplace even though they’ve never seen Greg and Obama in the same place. At best, “Greg is secretly Obama” would be a running joke at the office, and the same is true at the Daily Planet. “Kal-El of Krypton, who lives in a CRYSTAL PALACE at the NORTH POLE and whose dayjob is SUPERMAN, sometimes puts on a suit and pretends to be a clumsy reporter and lives in a one-bedroom walkup in Metropolis” is a ridiculous concept to anyone who doesn’t already know it’s true
[From Max Landis’ amazing “American Alien” series about Superman.]
SCREAM 👏🏻 IT 👏🏻 TO 👏🏻 THE 👏🏻 BACK 👏🏻 SO EVERYONE 👏🏻 CAN 👏🏻 HEAR
His shit eating grin in the last one sells it
I love the idea of Clark Kent turning up to every office Halloween party in an ill-fitting Superman costume from Target.
Still one of my favorite clips from Superman: The Animated Series.
This has gotten bigger since I last saw it ant that’s FANTASTIC
Henry Cavill literally once stood in Time Square, in a superman t-shirt, under a giant poster of himself and no one recognised him, even though he was actively trying to be recognised.
I’ve never seen this post but it just became my favorite post on the internet
Wanna know the kicker?
In the first chapter of JLA’s “Divided We Fall Arc” both Clark and Bruce reveal their civilian identities to the rest of the League. This is post “Tower of Babel” where nobody but Clark still trusts Batman, and in order to start building trust again, Clark urges Bruce to unmask himself to the rest of the team because Bruce obviously knows who everyone else is. Bruce agrees on one condition, Clark has to “unmask” himself as well.
When the big reveal goes down, Kyle Rayner says it best re: Clark being Superman: “He doesn’t…wear a mask. I never even…thought he had a…day job…”
That’s right, the canon reason why nobody makes the connection between Superman and Clark Kent is because nobody thinks that Superman HAS a civilian identity.
Also, with a really good actor, Clark Kenting is entirely possible, as Christopher Reeve demonstrates in the 1978 Superman film.
There was actually a story where a scientist at Lexcorp developed a computer program to analyse all available evidence and work out who Superman is
It figured out he was Clark…and Lex fired the scientist for wasting company resources because he COULDN’T BELIEVE that Superman would ever “Pretend” to be human because it would mean pretending to be “Weak”
90% of Superman’s disguise is everyone else doing the work for him
the best secret identity of all.
BEKKATHYST SUMMER 2017 GIVEAWAY
~This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Tumblr.~
Please read thoroughly before entering!
Hello lovely Tumblr folk! It’s that time again- I have a giveaway for you all. Summer is quickly approaching, and I know a lot of you are getting ready to relax and vacation! So in celebration, I’m giving you the chance to win this large collection of items.
All these items came from my shop (minus the sage!).
What you get:
Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avacatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I adopted the new Avacatar, a kittybender named Steve. And although his felinebending skills are great, he still has a lot to learn before he’s ready to save anyone. But I believe Steve can save the world.
“and on a soft bed
you would let loose your longing”
- Sappho, from fragment 94, tr. by Anne Carson (via thewinedarksea)
@msbluebuttercup knows what’s what! ♡em
Via the Aquarium of the Pacific, who says this selfie-taker is Charlie!
Henry Mancini (1961)
Breakfast At Tiffany’s / Moon River 7" Single
Scooby Doo (2002)
Alvin Langdon Coburn
Andrzej Mroczek - Nuit sur la Place du marché principal de Cracovie, 2004
Sculptures d’Igor MITORAJ